One of the biggest questions that I had when I first started out in photography was "what gear do I need? What do photographers keep in their bags?" I was surprised to find that most photographers don't share that information - almost as if it's top secret information. Now that I've been working for a bit in photography and have figured out what I like, I wanted to share with you some of my "secrets!"
1. My bag: I currently use a Kattee backpack bag to protect my gear. It has a spot to put your computer, miscellaneous items, and a separate bag to protect your camera and lenses. I highly recommend having a backpack as opposed to a messenger bag, as it stays out of the way and is better on your back! I also linked the Amazon Basics bag because it looks functional and is a great price!
2. My camera: I currently use a Canon 6D, my new full-frame camera! But I didn't start with the 6D. If you are looking for a great starter DSLR, I started on a Canon Rebel, like the T6! It's definitely more budget friendly and you will get amazing pictures with it!
3. My prime lens: the lens you will usually see on my camera is the Canon 50mm f1.8. I LOVE this lens. It is an inexpensive way to upgrade your camera and make your pictures that much better.
4. Zoom lens: the newest addition to my bag is my Canon 24-70mm f2.8 lens. I read that it's great for newborn shoots and does well in low light, so I'm excited to use it for how dynamic it will be! I will also link the less expensive 24-70mm f4.0 lens, also a great lens!
5. Memory card: I have tons of memory cards, but the one that is typically in my camera is the gold Sandisk Extreme plus. There are lots of memory cards to choose from and this one works for me at the moment. Supposedly, the gold Sandisk memory cards (not the microSD) are the best and fastest!
And that's it for now! I still consider myself to be at the beginning of my photography journey, so I'm sure this list will change in the future, but I hope this helps someone, somewhere!